I’ve been blogging for many months now, and during that time I’ve written quite a few articles and shown many photographs. The photos have ranged over quite a variety of creatures and topics. I’ve had many visitors stop by to check things out- some were friends, some were led here by friends, and others managed to get here with the help of a search engine.
My blog’s control page shows me many of the search terms that people have used to land on my blog, and sometimes it brings smile to my face when I read them. Many of them make perfect sense- “what is the best kayak for photography” “long lens portraits”, etc. There are however many that don’t necessarily make sense to me (“coyote yawning mount”), or that simply just make me smile (“Elk have big tongues”). Today I will share some of my favorite search terms that people have used to reach my blog, and in some of the cases the post that I believe they encountered from that search. I have not edited the search terms, merely cut and pasted them.
The words in red are what made me smile or question the search, the underlined ones are linked to the post that I suspect they arrived at…
- ardenwood historic petting Sounds kinky, but the post is family friendly
- form pointy nature I can’t decide what they were looking for or finding on this one
- leedske calfs I have no idea what a “leedske calf” may be, but it sounds great
- a man sitting on horses I just like the image in my head of a man sitting on more than one horse at a time
- why does star fish stuck on the rock
- free anatomy photographs of hikers walking away I just have to wonder what the anatomy of a hiker walking away looks like and how it differs from a normal person’s anatomy
- animal tongues facts about animal tongues Let’s just make it clear- this search involves animal tongues
- fractalized drag shape
- animals touching themselves This one makes me afraid, very afraid. I don’t want to know what they were looking for, but they did not find it on my blog. I hope.
- long lens shallow People who use long lenses are much more vain and superficial
- sea lions lay on photographer It just sounds so painful
- foil scottish band Is this a real band?
- brief about alien
- space alien anemone
- selfsatisfied lip I am racking my brain to figure out where in my posts I have a self-satisfied lip
- trailer hitch “notify me of follow-up comments” It is the “notify me of follow-up comments” part that piques my curiosity as to what they hoped to find
- sand craved tunnels I just try to imagine why a tunnel would be jonesing for some sand…
- feathered adventure I just like the sound of this one
There are so many more that I’ve enjoyed. This is just the smallest smattering of my most recent. At some point I may dig more deeply into the past search terms to share some of my all time favorites, but for now I will answer the question asked by one searcher- Why did Galen cross the road? The answer is obviously to take photographs!
Enjoy the big elk tongues