Stick around and read a littleThis blog is designed to give lessons in photography, kayak photography, and as a platform to share kayak videography experiments. There is a lot of good information here, so feel free to browse through archives and enjoy
Join 505 other subscribers
Follow me on twitterTweets by galenleeds
Search this blog
- My spot on the local NBC show OpenRoad
- Once in a lifetime experience
- Remembering old friends: A virtual visit to some of my favorite National Parks
- Translating between photography and video: shutter speed and more
- How to photograph fireworks
- Anatomy of a photo #86: Coyote tongue
- Kayak photography video
- The ethics of disclosing where photographs were taken
- Why I don’t use Photoshop
- eBirder Birding and Photography Blog based in Scotland
- Galen's "other" kayak photography blogsite Galen’s earliest blog, showcasing his insights on photography, kayaking, and more
- PhotoComment Photography Blog and Magazine Small photography magazine with big ideas. Fresh writing, fresh views
- The Coastodian: Caring for our beaches Photographer dedicated to cleaning the trash off our beaches and creating art from it
- The Wild Beat Lovely blog filled with images of wildlife, much of it encountered in or near urban settings
- Galen's Video Projects Different videos I am working on, both in and out of the kayak.
Tag Archives: Cow
Cows of the morning
I set out very early one morning to take photographs of some interesting and gnarled oaks, not too distant from where I live (perhaps twenty minutes). Part of what helps add interest to these oaks is that here are cows … Continue reading
Posted in nature photography, Photo Essay, photography, road side Tagged Cow, nature, oak tree, outdoor, photography 8 Comments
The nose knows and so do you
Most of you guessed what the last nose was. For those of you who weren’t quite sure, here is the same nose from another angle. I have a feeling everyone should be able to guess it now.
Posted in nature photography, photography, portraits Tagged Cow, nature, nose, photography 5 Comments
The nose knows: Do you?
Do you know this nose?
Posted in nature photography, photography, road side Tagged animal, Cow, nature, nose, photography 7 Comments
Anatomy of a photo #8: Morning calf and fence
This is not one of the technically best images, as there are highlights in the calves face that are blown out (detail is lost in the white, because it is a little overexposed). Also, the calves face is more centered … Continue reading
Posted in Anatomy of a photo, How To, nature photography, photography, portraits, road side Tagged agriculture, animal, Cow, farm, fence, livestock, portrait, ranch 1 Comment